Trying to conceive can cause issues in the bedroom as pressure to be pregnant increases!
The value of female orgasm whilel trying to become pregnant has been the subject of much debate, in both biological and psychological studies for decades, making it a subject of much discussion.
While it’s not necessarily required for conception, it does greatly increase the chances of becoming pregnant. Proper arousal causes an increase in female secretions, and reaching climax increases them further. These fluids make it easier for sperm to reach their destination. Scientific studies now show that the muscle contractions which occur during orgasm create a type of suction, pulling fluids (and sperm) closer to the womb.
For women in particular, arousal prior to intercourse can be a determining factor in their level of enjoyment. The arousal stage increases blood circulation to the pelvic region (which increases sensitivity), increases secretions and makes intercourse physically comfortable and pleasurable. Embracing, caressing and kissing are comforting, and intimate displays of affection affect emotions and initiate feelings of arousal.
Sadly, a significant number of women world wide have difficulty becoming aroused. Causes of dysfunction can be physical, psychological or both.
- Pressure around trying to conceive or long standing infertility
- Psychological and physical traumas such as sexual assault/abuse
- Injury to genitalia
- Hormone imbalances
- Relationship problems (especially where distrust is evident)
- Substance abuse
- Prescription medications (consult with your doctor before making any changes)
Treatments for difficulties
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Counseling/Therapy for psychological traumas
- Stress management
- Relationship counseling (if this is an issue)
- Discontinuation of recreational drugs/alcohol/tobacco
- Topical applications and/or lubricants designed to increase sensitivity and comfort
Self-prescription is not recommended; consult with a competent and qualified naturopath or herbalist before starting treatment.
Getting the right advice and the right natural treatment can support you in getting closer to your dream of being pregnant.