I guess this could even be Part 2 of Stopping Fat Talk, because it’s important to train yourself to tune in to all the insidious ways we are subjected to the ‘thin means healthy’ lie mantra by media, health professionals, and friends and family.
So this series of articles can help you question the ‘truth’ about what those sources are telling you, so you can break free from the ‘fact that everyone knows’, and make your own choices based on broader opinions.
Train Yourself to Spot Body Bias
- Body Fat Is Bad
- Obesity Kills
- Thin Is Healthy
- The Calorie Balance Equation
- Media Reporting Body Image
- Hijacking the Language of Body Love
- The Classic One-of-a-Kind Starvation Study
So, what do you think? I’d love you to share your ideas below, and if you like this series, please tweet about it.
And, do you like the Stop Fat Talk and Body Bias series? If you do, and you’d like to see a series on another theme please comment below and let me know.
Latest posts by Sandy (see all)
- In ten years…. - May 17, 2013
- Julianna Suranyi – Be Who You Are - May 16, 2013
- Michelle Marie McGrath – Self Love and Self Criticism… - May 14, 2013
- Are You Thirsting for a Man’s Approval of Your Body? - May 11, 2013